Is your New Year’s Resolution to promote your business better? Do you have no idea where to start? Then this is the perfect event for you. Learn the tips and tricks of how build your business through public relations (PR) and social media.
Dynamic Business publisher and editor Jen Bishop (who has more than 5,000 Twitter followers) will chair a panel of experts at a free event in Sydney on 9 February 2012. The panel will explain what PR is and all the different forms it takes, which parts you may be able to do yourself and where you might benefit from paying a professional. They’ll also cover common mistakes people make and corners they cut and the implications this can have for your business.
If you’re one of those people who doesn’t think Facebook has a place in business or that you don’t have time for Twitter, then this session will teach you about social media and the benefits it has for business. Dynamic Business is hosting this event in conjunction with NSW Trade and Investment. A similar event as part of Small Business September last year was so popular it had a waiting list. Feedback from the event confirmed the need for an additional event for beginners.
Our panel of experts includes:
- Janna Fikh, principal at Fletcher Tax Accountants, will talk about how she has used Twitter to PR herself and her small business. Now Twitter accounts for 30 percent of all new business leads.
- PR professionals Phoebe Netto from Good Business Consulting and Catriona Pollard from CP Communications, founder of Social Media Women, will share their expertise on both social media and PR.
- Rebecca Derrington, founder of Sourcebottle, a free service that connects people like you looking for publicity, with journalists looking for sources. She’ll tell you how to start using and make the most of this free online service.
- Mariette Rups-Donnelly, an experienced actor and speaking coach, who runs Powerhouse Presentation. She’ll tell you how to use speaking and networking opportunities to great effect as PR for your small business.
- Colin Porter, managing director of startup CreditorWatch, will tell you how he didn’t believe PR was a serious profession but employing a PR agency on a monthly retainer opened his eyes, producing publicity results way beyond his expectations.
The event takes place at 4pm on 9 February 2012 at Level 47, MLC Centre, 19 Martin Place, Sydney 2000.
Find further details and book your free place here. http://events.smallbiz.nsw.gov.au/Events.aspx?eventid=5168
Know someone who could benefit from this seminar? Feel free to share the details with them via our social share buttons above, or via the email button. Places are limited, so you’ll need to be quick to register!