Consumer concerns about the state of the environment have resulted in companies looking for proactive ways to reduce their impact on the environment. However, the greening of a business goes beyond the redesign of products and services to make them more ‘eco-friendly’.
It also involves companies making a commitment towards reducing their use of non-renewable resources such as paper products or energy consumption. As companies examine ways to reduce their carbon footprint they are increasingly looking to purchase products that have a lower impact on the environment.
Adrian Johnson, general manager, Fuji Xerox Printers Australia and New Zealand, says, “Document printing has often been flagged as an area where businesses can reduce their use of resources. However, this requires them to install printers that can support their efforts.
“Fuji Xerox Printers has contributed to energy and resource savings by offering eco-conscious products to our customers.”
Small, medium and large businesses alike need to be aware of their environmental footprint and implement strategies that work to reduce it. As technology improves it will become easier for offices to implement ‘green friendly’ practices.
“It is important for business owners and managers to take a proactive role in introducing eco-friendly practices into their companies. Even a few small changes can contribute to reducing a business’s environmental footprint,” says Johnson.
Fuji Xerox recommends five simple steps to become green printing friendly:
- * Use recycled paper that is also chemical free: 100 reams of recycled office paper saves two trees and more than one tonne of greenhouse gas.
- * Print double sided: it simply reduces the amount of paper used each day.
- * Have a paper recycling bin beside every photocopier and printer: this will encourage people to recycle immediately.
- * Use green resources: solid ink technology, such as that used in the Fuji Xerox Phaser 8560 colour printer and 8650MFP colour multi-function printer (MFP), produces 90 percent less waste to landfill than traditional laser printers without compromising on the vibrant colours required for documents. After 100,000 prints a colour laser printer can produce over 70 kilograms of waste while solid ink printers produce little over two kilograms.
- * Save power: use the energy save or standby function when not in use.
To find out more about environmentally friendly printing contact Fuji Xerox Printers on 1300 793 769 or visit www.fujixeroxprinters.com.au