Dear Aussie Retailers,
I am writing you this letter because I love you, but right now I don’t really like you.
I feel like we’re in two separate worlds, you’re stuck in the past and I am in the present… where did you go?
There are so many things I want to say, but here are just a few:
- I don’t feel that your staff really understand what customer service is?
Serve me don’t smother me…
Hang around don’t disappear…
Offer to find me another size, colour or alternative…
Be friendly but not familiar…
- Why can’t I find you online?
I searched for you online so I can check out what’s happening, to work out if I should come in…. but you weren’t there??
- Why can’t I buy from you online?
Sometimes I just need something from you and can’t come in but you force me to check out your competition.
- When I come into your store and ask you or your staff about Facebook you look at me like I am from another planet??
C’Mon!! Everyone is on Facebook, I don’t always want to check out the big brands you know….
- And those of you who are on Facebook, when I comment I don’t get a reply??
TALK TO ME!
It’s like inviting me to your house for dinner then not being home!
- I don’t understand why your product is the same as it has always been…
I see what other things there are out there and think that you are out of touch…
- Hey you asked for my email address and I have never heard from you??
What’s the deal??
The only reason I look elsewhere is that you have let me down.
Overall I want to feel important to you and fell that you listen to me and know what I want. I want to support my local retailers, I just don’t feel they support me!
I hope you read this and make the changes you need to so that we can still be ‘friends’.