Blogs used to be a great way for entrepreneurs to develop, and communicate with, a business or industry community. No longer.
Many of my clients ask me: Should my company start a blog? Once I would have given them an unqualified yes. But today I would add a few caveats.
There are many great reasons to maintain a company blog. A blog allows you to:
- Share knowledge and demonstrate your company’s subject matter expertise;
- Give your company a voice;
- Help generate the new content valued by both users andsearch engines;
- Encourage valuable “link love” from customers, colleagues, and industry peers; and
- Provide a living and easily accessible archive of company content for future reference.
A company blog used to also be a way to gather feedback and welcome consenting and dissenting opinions, particularly through its comments section.
…to read this article in full, visit leading US small business resource, Inc.