The finalists for this year’s Australian Technologies Competition (ATC) have been announced, showcasing a remarkable lineup of local businesses with groundbreaking innovations poised to make a positive global impact.
In its 13th year and now under the ownership of technology investment and advisory firm Scalare Partners, the ATC spotlights a diverse range of companies that align with Scalare’s interests. From a net-zero emission coal alternative to visionary glasses for the blind and next-gen space suits, the 2023 finalists underscore Australia’s exceptional talent and ingenuity.
Out of nearly 100 submissions, judges diligently selected 32 semi-finalists, culminating in 21 standout finalists. These finalists were determined through a two-day masterclass and business plan presentations, chosen for their disruptive potential to reshape industries and drive societal progress. As ATC finalists, these companies gain access to connect with investors, mentors, and industry experts, supporting their growth journey.
The finalists, recognized for their capacity to revolutionize industries and improve lives, are acknowledged for their global growth potential. The diverse range of finalists includes:
- Adiona Tech: Dynamic decision support for mobility and logistics.
- Alcolizer Technology: Pioneering drug and alcohol testing solutions.
- AloxiTec Pty Ltd: Innovations in fresh food packaging.
- Aria Research: Vision-enhancing glasses for the blind.
- BlueKee Pty Limited: Privacy protection app with biometric security.
- Brauz: Connecting customers with retail staff in-store.
- Byte25: Comprehensive IT infrastructure monitoring.
- CXEX Pty Ltd: AI-driven customer insight solutions.
- EVX Australia Pty Ltd: Sustainable EV charging solutions.
- Fluger Pty Ltd: Online booking and patient management for health industry.
- FootprintLab Pty Ltd: Carbon data solutions for climate action.
- Hypersonix Launch Systems: Hydrogen-powered aerospace solutions.
- Loopit Car Subscription: All-in-one car subscription management platform.
- MentorKey: Digital platform for corporate mentoring.
- Metakosmos (Vyom Tech Pty Ltd): Next-gen spacesuit design.
- Octopusbot Pty Ltd: AI-powered predictive analytics for commodities.
- ON VOL Pty Ltd: Movement-powered electricity generation.
- Pyrochar: Net-zero emission metallurgical char.
- Realta Logic: End-to-end compliance tool.
- RoboMotion Pty Limited (trading as Verbotics): Robotic automation for welding.
- Zondii Pty Ltd: Smartphone-based food and fiber verification.
The finalists will engage in in-person pitching and a live Q&A session with judges, leading up to the announcement of winners, including the “Technology Company of the Year,” in events across Melbourne and Sydney next month.
The Australian Cleantech Finals & Awards are scheduled for September 12th in Melbourne, followed by the ATC National Finals & Awards in Sydney on September 28th.