Small businesses are increasingly vulnerable to cyberattacks, with 43% of such attacks targeting them.
Norton has introduced Norton Small Business, an all-in-one cybersecurity solution designed to help protect small businesses in today’s digital landscape.
Small businesses represent nearly 90% of all businesses worldwide, with 97.5% of them in Australia alone. Unfortunately, many of these businesses lack the resources and expertise needed to secure their digital environments effectively. Norton Small Business aims to address this gap by providing accessible triple-lock protection for small businesses, safeguarding their online activities, devices, and customer data within a user-friendly, comprehensive cybersecurity solution.
Massimo Rapparini, General Manager & Head of Small Business Safety at Gen, emphasized the unique challenges faced by small business owners. “Owning a very small business often means each member of the team wears different hats, and usually, cybersecurity expert isn’t one of them,” he said. “Unfortunately, cybercriminals are aware of this and often target such businesses. For entrepreneurs and small businesses, falling for just one phishing email can have a devastating impact.”
Small businesses are frequent targets of scams and phishing threats, despite being the lifeblood of economies. The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) reports that 62% of SMBs in Australia have experienced cybersecurity breaches, with phishing being the most common attack vector. With fewer than 10 employees, many of these businesses lack dedicated IT support, leaving them vulnerable to cyberattacks that can result in significant financial losses.
Norton Small Business aims to help these businesses protect their critical data, minimize the risk of financial loss, and ensure their continuity. As entrepreneurs strive for financial freedom and invest their time and savings in their ventures, the impact of cyberattacks on small businesses becomes increasingly concerning. Surprisingly, approximately half of businesses with fewer than 50 employees have no cybersecurity budget at all.
Norton Small Business simplifies cybersecurity for small businesses with an all-in-one solution that offers 24/7 protection and a range of features, including:
- Secure Browser, Password Manager, and VPN for everyday online security
- Automated PC cleaning and optimization for better device performance
- Secure Cloud Backup for data protection
- Software and driver updaters to reduce vulnerabilities
- IT coverage and maintenance for up to 20 devices
- A 100% Virus Protection Promise for peace of mind
“We’ve built our small business products and services with the same approach as our consumer portfolio, ensuring that entrepreneurs don’t need to become cybersecurity experts,” Rapparini stated. “Norton is here to make cybersecurity accessible and easy so they can focus on building thriving businesses.”
In an era when cybersecurity is increasingly crucial, Norton Small Business offers a lifeline to small businesses, allowing them to operate securely in an ever-evolving digital landscape.
Norton recommends these top 10 tips to protect your small business:
- Learn to spot signs of phishing and teach your employees
- Only click links or download attachments from known sources
- Avoid sharing personal information or private company data over email
- Always keep your operating system, applications and drivers up-to-date
- Make sure your WiFi network is protected with a strong password
- Regularly back up your data
- Require employees to use a VPN when doing company work on a public WiFi network (think airports and coffee shops)
- Always use multi-factor-authentication for an extra layer of protection
- Don’t neglect mobile devices – make sure they are password protected and use security software
- Invest in a cybersecurity solution such as Norton Small Business
Norton Small Business is available now with prices starting at $89.99 for the first year with options for 6, 10 or 20-device plans.
For more information, please visit norton.com/products/small-business.