Promoting your business online through search marketing is only one way in which you can take advantage of the internet to grow your business. Here are five key Google products can help you make the most out of your online presence and make a difference to your bottom line.
1. GOOGLE ADSENSE
Earn money from relevant ads on your website
Google AdSense provides ads for your website, matches them precisely to your website’s content, and you earn money whenever your visitors click on them. Ad formats include text, image, flash, and click-to-play video.
AdSense for content automatically crawls the content of your pages and delivers ads (you can choose both text or image ads) that are relevant to your audience and your site content; ads so well-matched in fact, that your readers will actually find them useful.
AdSense for search allows website publishers to provide Google web and site search to their visitors, and to earn money by displaying Google ads on the search results pages.
To learn more about how to become an AdSense Publisher, visit http://adsense.google.com.
2. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Learn how people are using your website and how you can make it even more efficient for your business.
How can I know how people find my site, what they do in it and how they become customers?
Google Analytics is a free, powerful web analytics tool that provides actionable insight into how people find your website, what they do once they get there and how they become customers. In this way, you can determine what marketing initiatives are driving the most valuable traffic to your site and how best to convert them once they are there. Google Analytics is fully integrated into Google AdWords and is free to all advertisers, publishers and site owners.
To help you understand, interpret and act on what you find, Goggle Analytics provides help and tips for every report.
Google Analytics can help you:
- Calculate the return on investment on marketing initiatives
- Discover which customer segments are most valuable and where they are located
- Understand what steps prospective customers take to conversion and understand how you can improve that process so that more visitors become customers. For example, a report can tell you what percentage of the people who started actually completed each step in the signup/purchase process. It can also tell you where visitors who drop out go. This can help you find and correct obstacles to conversion.
- See click and conversion information for every link on your website. In this way, you can understand how design and layout on your site affect your pro
• To help you understand, interpret and act on what you find, Google Analytics provides help and tips for every report.
There’ll be no more digging through reports. Put all the information you need on a custom dashboard that you can email to others.
How it works:
Sign up for a Google account and paste the Google Analytics tracking code you will get into each of your website pages to begin tracking immediately.
Learn more at www.google.com/analytics
3. WEBSITE OPTIMISER
Automatically test different site content in order to maximise visitor conversion rates.
Website Optimiser is a free website testing and optimisation tool that allows you to increase the value of your existing websites and traffic at no cost. You can test site layout and combinations of site copy and images and understand which ones generate the most customer conversions. In this way, you can quickly and easily increase revenue and ROI, whether you’re new to marketing or an expert.
Using Website Optimiser you can:
- Increase website conversion rates
- Decrease visitor bounce rates
- Increase time spent on your site
- Increase visitor satisfaction
• Eliminate guesswork from site design
How it works:
Choose the pages and content to be tested: Using our web-based interface, provide us with the content (headlines, images or text, for example) and design alternatives that you’d like to test
Test these changes with your visitors: Website Optimiser will then show these content and design alternatives to your site visitors, while monitoring which combinations lead to the highest conversion rates.
Learn what changes drive the most conversions: Our intuitive reports allow even the mathematically challenged to quickly and easily identify and implement the best combination.
Learn more at www.google.com/websiteoptimizer
4. LOCAL BUSINESS CENTRE
Help customers find you on Google Maps
Use the Local Business Center to create your free listing on Google Maps. When potential customers search Maps for local information, they’ll find your business: your address, hours of operation, even photos of your storefront or products. It’s easy, free, and you don’t need a website of your own.
Reach new customers on Google Maps and Google.com. Local customers are already searching for the products and services you offer. Why not make it easy for them to find you on Google search and on Google Maps? The Local Business Centre is the place to start.
- Works great for businesses of any size
- Whether you run a single dentist’s office or dozens of coffee shops, manage all your listings from a single account
- Update your listing at any time
- Use the Local Business Centre to edit your listing whenever and however you like
• Your Google Maps results will be updated in a few weeks, not next year.
5. GOOGLE APPS
Help your company stay connected and work together more efficiently.
Google Apps helps you enhance communication and collaboration in your company, big or small. Everyone gets a custom email address, tools for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations, a shared calendaring system and access to a flexible intranet system. Standalone security and compliance services are also available. Everything is hosted by Google, so there’s no hardware or software to install or download, and minimal set-up and maintenance. You can get up and running quickly, even if you don’t have technical resources.
Learn more at https://www.google.com.au/apps
Google Apps includes:
Email with up to 25GB of storage per custom email address, mail search tools and integrated chat.
Create, share and collaborate on documents in real-time.
Co-ordinate meetings and company events with sharable calendars.
One-stop sharing for team information.
Free text and voice calling around the world.