Lorna-Jane Clarkson, OzHarvest’s Ronni Kahn and T2 CEO Maryanne Shearer are amongst the five finalists named for the 2012 Veuve Clicquot Business Woman awards.
The Veuve Clicquot Business Woman awards are held in 17 countries around the world and celebrate the achievements of leading female entrepreneurs. The winner from each country is awarded a trip to France to join the Veuve Clicquot 2012 International Forum.
This year’s Australian finalists are:
- Lorna-Jane Clarkson, founder and creative director, Lorna Jane.
- Elena Gosse, director and company secretary, Australian Innovation Systems.
- Ronni Kahn, founder and CEO, OzHarvest.
- Kris Lloyd, CEO and Head Cheesemaker, Woodside Cheese Wrights.
- Maryanne Shearer, CEO, T2.
The winner will be announced on March 8, and she will have a vine christened in her honour at the Veuve 2012 International Forum and receive a bottle of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame each year following.
The Veuve Clicquot Business Woman awards began in France in 1972 to commemorate Madame Clicquot and to honour women who also possess her qualities of vision, innovation, entrepreneurial drive, leadership, individuality and tenacity.