Attending events and swapping business cards is one thing but making real connections is another. After an event, stay relevant by sending a follow-up email to the people you met. Even if you don’t think they are a potential client or customer, they may pass on connections that are.
- Remind them who you are and how you met.
- Invite them to take an interest in your business.
- Be friendly and take an interest in their business or role.
- Do not send a mass, generic follow-up email to everyone you met.
- Do not put everyone’s email address onto your mailing list.