The five finalists in the BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone giveaway have been decided, now we need you to vote for who you think deserves to take home the prize.
A few weeks back, Dynamic Business ran a competition asking business owners to email in their 2012 business resolutions to go in the running to win a BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone. The five finalists are:
- Doug G: “My Resolution is to be a better book-keeper, be more efficient, learn to say no, don’t be distracted by shiny new things, be a better dad/husband.”
- Suzanne R: “My goal for 2012 is to do something every day, no matter how small, to better my business.”
- Chris A: “Recognise and reward my staff because good staff is invaluable and sometimes even I, like other bosses, take my team for granted.”
- Jo Q: “To build my online presence and engage with my customers through social media. Not my forte so I’m sure to create some laughs while trying!”
- Amanda F: “My business goal for 2012 is to stay dry, stay sane with the facebook changes and to build the ‘make it meaningful project’ further.”
Now, we need your help to decide the winner! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your chosen finalist in the subject line, and the person with the most email votes will take home the prize. We’ll announce the winner this Friday at 5pm AEDT.
In the spirit of all things BlackBerry, the team at BlackBerry Australia have created a how-to guide for smartphone integration to help your business go further this year.
Tools For Those Who Mean Business
Small Businesses need not miss out on the level of smartphone integration often reserved for big business budgets with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express (BES Express) and the ever increasing range of Apps designed for BlackBerry devices.
SMB Resolution: Manage Integration of Smartphones into your SMB Network
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express (BES Express) wirelessly synchronises BlackBerry smartphones with a Microsoft Exchange or IBM Lotus Domino, allowing users secure access to work email, files, applications and more. BES Express is a free download that provides the core mobility, security, and manageability features of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, but without the big-business licensing and software costs.
When connected, here are a few of the things employees can do at no extra cost:
- Connect to and use their work email with advanced features such as organising and filing mail folders, setting follow-up flags, and email search
- View and update work calendars and check the free/busy status of colleagues on the go, make appointments, and set reminders
- Look up work contacts, check addresses on the road, send emails, and place calls
- Access work applications and files from behind the network firewall without compromising on your network security.
SMB Resolution: Make us of Apps that Mean Business
Small Businesses can take advantage of the many business tools available from BlackBerry App World including apps that expertly manage contacts, schedule and finances.
Here are a few examples of how Apps designed for BlackBerry devices can help you run your Small Business with Big Business expertise:
Looking for a way to enhance Contact Management, especially while on the go?
* Check BlackBerry App World for a variety of contact management apps ranging from Gwabbit – which can automatically update your address book based on incoming emails – to Salesforce Mobile apps.
Don’t have a book keeper to manage business expenses from day-to-day?
* Use Business Trip Expense Manager with its user friendly interface to enter and track expenses incurred by a business traveller.
* Automatically track your mileage with VQ Mileage Tracker every time you drive your car and make it easy to submit an expense report.
Need to liaise with prospective partners and colleagues from all over the world?
* BlackBerry Messenger enables you to keep in touch with colleagues, book meetings and share files. And best of it, it doesn’t cost anything!*
* Keep track of time with A Plus WorldClock Free Trial. A super fast, easy to use world clock app that supports up to 100 active clocks for timezones simultaneously with both time and date.
Need help booking flights, coordinating your schedule and getting to meetings?
* Book, manage and check-in for flights from your BlackBerry with Virgin Blue Check-Mate.
* Use WorldMate as a personal travel assistant. This great app will automatically identify your flights, hotel, and car rental though confirmation emails and create a single itinerary with all the details synched to your BlackBerry.
Need to share data with colleagues over a secure platform that doesn’t require you to be in the office?
* MyFormsGenie allows you to customise and design your own application for BlackBerry as data can be created as XML, Excel, CSV or PDF format.