1. Listen – use Twitter to monitor what people are saying about your business and sector.
2. Be human – be a person, not just a company, and increase your following.
3. Be interesting – share your thoughts and opinions. Don’t simply bombard your followers with sales or marketing messages.
4. Be active – The more you ‘tweet’, the more followers you’ll attract. Participate in conversations. Follow people and businesses which interest you.
5. Experiment! Twitter’s full potential is yet to be tapped.