Summer should not be the time to slack off, according to leading Australian recruitment firm, LINK Recruitment.
While the first quarter of the year can often be a relaxing time, with employees coming off the high of the Christmas break, LINK believe that it is the best time to boost employee moral and hit the ground running.
LINK financial services practice leader, Sarah Wapling, believes that this period is a great time for those in leadership roles to drive their team.
“It’s a great time to identify skill gaps and get the team learning and working together.”
According to Wapling, increasing employee motivation levels is extremely important this time of the year, especially in light of the financial crisis.
“Focusing on opportunities and achievements as opposed to the prospect of job losses is the way to go. Employees pick up on their leader’s confidence so it’s important to remain positive.”
LINK have provided the following top tips for productivity over the summer period:
- If work stations are empty with people away on holidays, move desks around to be close to others who can motivate you.
- Resume ‘paused’ projects and invite colleagues to join the project team and get involved.
- Take the time to brush up your leadership skills and renew your professional industry knowledge.
- Set short terms goals to remain productive and motivated.
- Set up off site client meetings to recharge the batteries.