When it comes to choosing the right bank for your business, you are entering into a long-term relationship that will be critical to your growth and development. Therefore it is important to know what makes a good business banker. Below are the attributes your business banker should have:
- A passion for customer service and genuine interest in your business and industry with business connections that will benefit your business
- A desire to understand your goals and objectives, not only for your business but for you personally as well
- A deep industry understanding and an ability to talk the same language as other industry participants
- Broad business acumen and a thorough understanding of finance concepts and banking expertise
- Accessibility, including multiple points of contact within their team
- A proactive approach to better banking solutions for your business
- A demonstrated understanding of the key drivers of your business.
For more information on how to choose your business bank, please refer to ‘How to choose your business bank’.