The Australian Businesswomen’s Network (ABN) is inviting women looking to get ahead to take part in its “Spring into a New Career” initiative, which launches today.
30 Days to a Great Career, which is part of the ABN’s wider herCareer initiative, comes as a result of direct requests from its 20,000 strong community of working women.
Headed up by ABN National Special Projects Manager and career expert Susan Wareham McGrath, herCareer is an ongoing professional resource to assist working women and an adjunct to the ABN’s existing suite of online and social
media resources for Australian businesswomen and female entrepreneurs.
“30 Days to a Great Career, part of the ABN’s herCareer initiative is a free, month-long program of daily blog posts designed to help working women advance their career and reach new goals,” McGrath said.
“Every day during September, 30 Days to a Great Career participants will find great resources and strategies on career planning, work/life balance, applying for jobs, personal branding, productivity, interview tips and lots more.”
Participants will also be invited to comment on topical news items as well as ask questions to give structure to their career plans. Support and strategy help will be given by a team of ABN community members, each of whom is an expert in her field.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- How to stand out from the crowd
- Questions you should ask at every interview;
- Running your own business – how to switch the corporate ladder for your own stairwell;
- Staying positive through your job search process;
- Behavioural interviewing – how to make it work for you;
- Serving on non-profit boards – good for you; good for the community;
- Your personal brand and how to build it;
- How to boost productivity at work;
- Tell us a little about yourself” – How to answer five tough interview questions;
- Job seeking etiquette;
- Managing your online presence as a jobseeker; and
- Approaching your boss – a mentoring perspective.
To be part of herCareer, participants need to subscribe to the ABN’s HerBusiness blog, follow @her_career on Twitter, or like the Australian Businesswomen’s Network’s Facebook page.