OurDeal has launched its first smartphone app, which is available for free download by iPhone and iPod touch users.
The group buying site said the app makes it easy for users to browse through the site’s daily deals, without the need to be in front of a computer.
Features of the OurDeal App include:
- Deals tailored to your location;
- Ability to view top deals of the day on the home page;
- Redeem vouchers straight from the screen;
- Links to Google Maps to find out how to get to a deal;
- Click to share with Facebook, Twitter and SMS to help pass on deals to friends and family;
- Purchasing history tab allows users to track which deals have been purchased;
- Use of the app is not limited to OurDeal members – users only need to sign-up when they want to buy a deal.
“The user experience was at the heart of our vision for the app. We wanted to keep the design simple and as social as possible. We invested time trying to understand how people use apps so it could be as intuitive as possible for the shopper,” OurDeal Creative Director Peter Gorman said.
“We’re delighted with the end result and will be monitoring user feedback to ensure we are providing the best possible experience for our members.”
The OurDeal App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore