Looking to choose a hosting provider, but not sure where to start? Check out the following tips, so your online business has the facts it needs to choose the right hosting provider.
1. ‘Glocal’ focus. For the majority of business it is important that your support and service is local. Also, if you have overseas clients, consider partnering with a global provider with a local presence (Glocal) for support and billing.
2. Deep technical knowledge and support. It is critical that your hosting company is has the depth of technical support to help you deliver the best out of your site. Regular R&D, training and accreditation of staff is essential to stay on top of the latest trends.
3. What is your hosting provider’s security or back up policy? Ensure that data centres are fully redundant with back-up power, internet connections, and extreme firewalls built into the network.
4. Green Hosting. Socially responsible hosting companies are considering the effects that they have on the environment and looking at ways to reduce their carbon footprint.
5. Size and reputation are important considerations. Do your research and ask questions such as, how long they have been in business, ask for a list of key clients, how large the firm is, and what accreditations and qualifications they have.